Wednesday, February 11, 2009


I just got through reading Shirley Barnes M.D.. It's a story about a car lover. She is well-known in the area that she lives in which is southern Cali. California Love. This is a nice little little story. The first line of the story fooled me pretty good why that is, is because the storyteller said her business card says “Shirley Barnes M.D.” and she is a doctor. At that point I thought I was gonna be hearing about so open heart surgery or something doctor related. That's where the second line comes where “Metropolitan doctor” comes in to play. I thought that was the city you know. I relate Metropolitan to Metropolis like in Superman so I thought it would be a city. Any ways on with the story Shirley has a passion Metropolitan's which was an automobile company back in her day. The story goes when she had a messed up Metropolitan so she needed it fixed. She found an old man who had the brains but not the hands because of his age. From there she becomes a Metropolitan enthusiast, you could say. She started changing transmissions, and other car parts. As her love for the car grows she starts to collect cars. Of course she's gonna collect Metropolitans. She names her cars with names like Hercules, Misfit, Clover, etc. naming cars shows love for what she does. She has a great bond with her cars and what she does. I never mentioned her other talents as a dancer. She dances tap, ballet, acrobatic. I didn't know acrobatic was a style of dancing I thought that's what gymnasts did. I never mentioned at the beginning of the story the time. According to several clues it's in the 1950'-1960's.

No comments:

Post a Comment